The opportunity to finalise our project outcomes and visit mythical Olympus!
The steering and technical meetings and the thematic workshop were organized by the Local Development Agency Pieriki Anaptixiaki S.A.-O.L.A., in Litochoro-Pieria, in mythical Mountain Olympus, Greece.
The topics presented and the field visits of the thematic workshop were evaluated, selected and agreed with the working group of Pieriki Anaptixiaki, the associated partners Regional Unit of Pieria and Management Agency of Olympus National Park, local stakeholders and elected representatives of the administrative units that are hosted within the wider territory of Olympus.
The new dimension of this meeting was that every day a field trip to a different perspective of the emblematic dimension of olympus was offered to participants.
In more detail:
28th of May: Visit to the Nautical Museum of Litochoro, Walking via the abandoned rail tunnel (galaria-below the ancient castle of Platamonas) and rail line
29th of May: Visit of the traditional village of Old Panteleimonas
30th of May (full day):
- Management Agency natural history museum.
- Monastery of Saint Dionysios (of Olympus): visit in the museum/collection (destroyed during WWII, refurbished by Leader programme), information about the monks’ cheese production, visit in the monastery local products shop
- Old Monastery of Saint Dionysios. Walking in the forest to the “Spilaio” (60 minutes) and back
- Prionia - ascents to Olympus most important starting point.
- Dion - Visit of the archaeological museum and of the archaeological park (including the ancient theatre).
- Gritsa coastline for knowing the Olympus Riviera, were swimming and staring the Olympus peaks is possible.
- Rachi village - Visit at a local winery.
Steering and Tecnhical Committees (28/05, morning) have covered: Financial monitoring, Anticipating the end of the project, Remaining communication activities.
Thematic workshop meeting (28/05 afternoon-29/09) covered: Tourism guides, External events, External events, Press Kits and Press trips, Pilot action: creation of an Eco-itinerary, Participation in tourism fairs, Strategy for the development of Olympus, Experimentation report, International conference, HP contribution, videos.